Re: (TFT) Boomerangs

Michael S Kluskens wrote:

> >    Speaking of boomerangs, it just occurred to me that all a boomerang is is
> >a chunk of wood, i.e. a club.  Logically a boomerang should do one-handed
> >club damage based on the thrower's ST.  (After all, a /club/ does club-like

> I figure you can get hit with that sharpen boomerang moving
> at a higher speed than your basic broadsword.

> I think I remember that hunting boomerangs don't necessary return,
> but I could be wrong about that.

This is where I fall on boomerangs in TFT: Allow listed damage, require
the 3 points of talents to use it (2 points for Thrown Weapons before
you can use it AT ALL), and when you feel the need to salve your
conscience about the damage, remember Crossbow is only a point.  All
that is from the canon.

Where my opinion varies with canon, it agrees with fact: hunting
boomerangs are not made to return.  The ones that return are toys, or
for hunting birds at most (not that they aren't good at _that_).