Re: (TFT) Re: Melting points of caldrons

> ( I think this includes all of the metals known
> by the ancients.  Am I missing any? )

Zinc for brass, but I don't have reference materials handy.

> Brass and Bronze have higher melting points
> than copper but my book does not list those alloy's melting
> points.  Does anyone know what they are?

It's very dependent on the exact alloy. I gather that much ancient
brass/bronze had both tin and zinc, and probably other stuff, too. Which you
called it depended on more tin than zinc or zinc than tin.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com