Re: (TFT) Thoughts on some old threads...

> Excellent analysis! I love this kind of stuff...

Well cool. I'll post a whole list this evening (seeing as I don't have to
prove that a earth with 100 times the surface area but a density that only
equals 1G wouldn't hold together).

> they
> determine
> made
> few
>
> I use a system called "Pre-Adventuring Experience" that allows you to make
> risk rolls to see if you can get extra points during character creation
> based on what your life was like before you became an adventurer.
>
> I've also used the Jobs table to pass "Down Time" when a couple of
> adventurers have been mismatched. How about creating Risk Tables that go
> into *detail* about what happens on a failed (or successful) Risk roll?
> Modelled on the similar Pendragon tables...
>
> Just an idea...
> Michael

Oh I've got Downtime done in spades. I can throw some thoughts on that up as
well if'n ya like.

Jay

PC "I run to the nearest home and pound on the door"
GM "A little old lady opens the door and says Yes?"
PC "I say Excuse me Miss but I HAVE to use your phone"
GM (rolls reaction) "She's not buying it and starts to close the door"
PC "I force my way in"
GM "She screams and runs into the kitchen"
PC "Fine, I look for the phone"
GM "It's not in the hall, meanwhile she comes charging up with a butchers
knife"
PC "Great, I try to subdue her"
GM (rolls) "She criticals"
PC (rolls) "I miss"
this happens like 3 more times in a row
PC "This b!^@# is KILLING me! I attack to kill (rolls) I hit!
GM (trying to portray that this is a bad course of action) "A splatter of
warm blood hits your face as she lets out a pitiful groan and......"
PC "GOOD! I rub the blood all over my face and attack her AGAIN!"
GM (a little taken aback) "Okay, well she's dead now and....."
PC "WONDERFUL! I slice open her belly, take her intestines and hang her by
them form the chandler then dance a jig under her dripping corpse!"
About this time the other PC on this adventure walks in and hoses off the
maniac, puts one of the old lady's mumus on him and the adventure continues.

Offered as proof of the therapeutic power of RPGs..... (I felt much better
after this)