Re: (TFT) boomers

> Someone mentioned that they thought boomerangs are
> sharp.  Can anyone confirm that?  Since they're an
> airfoil and all, I would expect boomerangs to be
> sharp on the trailing edge, not the leading one.

I do know that hunting boomerangs don't return. Seems like a sharp one would
be kinda like a sharp frisbee. "I" aint gonna throw one of those.

> I like the idea of the 'aboriginal' weapons being
> IP of the lizard men.  Reminds me of the Olab from
> the Elric novels.

That was only a semi-joke as I actually did this once.....

> One really weird idea: since a boomerang gets much
> of it's effectiveness from it's shape, and water is
> about as dense as wood, if you had a mold you could
> easily make ice boomerangs.  Add a little sawdust to
> the water and the resulting ice will be suprisingly
> tough.  Not something for the lizardmen or other
> 'classic' desert-dwelling boomerang users, but it
> might be just the thing for Inuit-type folks to hunt
> penguins and PCs with.

That's funny/cool! (bad pun)
Maybe boomers do so much damage because they are actually shapeshifted
Demons......
Oops, I've said too much!

Jay
<>It's not MY idea!<>