(TFT) boomers

Someone mentioned that they thought boomerangs are
sharp.  Can anyone confirm that?  Since they're an
airfoil and all, I would expect boomerangs to be
sharp on the trailing edge, not the leading one.

(My highly scientific view of the situation is based
on exhaustive examination of the inevitable drawing
(found in all encyclopedias and 6th-grade science
texts) that shows a cross-section of an airplane's
wing with arrows showing the air flowing around it.)

I like the idea of the 'aboriginal' weapons being
IP of the lizard men.  Reminds me of the Olab from
the Elric novels.

One really weird idea: since a boomerang gets much
of it's effectiveness from it's shape, and water is
about as dense as wood, if you had a mold you could
easily make ice boomerangs.  Add a little sawdust to
the water and the resulting ice will be suprisingly
tough.  Not something for the lizardmen or other
'classic' desert-dwelling boomerang users, but it
might be just the thing for Inuit-type folks to hunt
penguins and PCs with.