Re: (TFT) elvish licentiousness

From: "Cas Liber" <casliber@ozemail.com.au>

 - jump ahead -

Interestingly, this element of elvish nature has been lost since Tolkien,
whose elves (apart form the sons of Feanor) were noble and true (come to
think of it though, I can't think of one case of adultery in the whole of
Tolkiens literature...can anyone?)

I never thought of it that way. Now that you mention it, the only Adulterer I can think of, is the ring itself. It had a history of jumping from finger to finger. Using someone up, and then leaving.

 - another section jumped over -

An elvish quarter could yield teachers of Sex Appeal and Charisma, as well
as alchemist specializing in love potions etc. Glamour was always big in
fairy folktales too, though then again, the elves that generally cast it
were unseemly dusky or dark elves (traditional, not RPG term here), so maybe
that would be the preserve of hobgoblins, svarts, orcs or dwarves.

Just some thoughts......
Cas

One stretch of the imagination holds that Elves are the isolated pockets of the fallen Roman empire. After Rome's collapse, regional lords or local governors could still be holding things in High Roman fashion. This would include fair looking clothes, noble music, and yes licentious decadence. With this approach Elves are prone to dreaming about the glory of the past, singing long complicated songs, and possess superior weapons and equipment that can no longer be produced.

    David Michael Grouchy II

    ?