Re: (TFT) P.O.E. attacks and economics

> Hi Jay,
> A few quick replies to your comments.  Thanks!

> Jay,
> I don't mean to shoot down your suggestions
> out of hand, but I just want to say that I've been
> doing this for years.

I find one of the odd things about this type of comunication is that you can
never be sure what tone the cat on the other end of the line is reading into
what you write. Not that I'm implying that your taking what I write the
wrong way personally but to avoid having to type this sort of sentence two
or three times a paragraph I try not to read anything into anything unless
it's directly obvious (...you sound like the kind of nerd I used to beat up
in highschool <rotflmao>)

> >(4)
> >Have a rich NPC or organization buy out ingredients, like paying twice
what
> >Medagalins factory pays.
>
> No one's ever tried that. Of course
> the PC's bring him back a pretty regular
> supply of Demon's Blood.
> It would be hard to get to work,
> most of the stuff he mass produces uses
> common ingredients, and that sort of attack
> would likely run afoul the Duke of Bibbereth.

So I'm not COMPLEATLY shotdown after all..... <lol>

> >I use P.O.E. attacks. Physical, Organizational, Economic
> >
> >Physical is obvious. If you want a method of handling army's using a
> >character sheet I've got it.
>
> Not quite sure what you are suggesting above.
> If you have an abstract battle system, I (and I'm sure
> many others) would love to see it.

Allright, I'll get it up in the next couple of days.

> >Without a storyline you end up with something like the X-files that
pretends
> >to have all these layers of complexity but doesn't really because they
are
> >making it up as they go along so the ultimat secret is always a few steps
> >away, no matter how many layers of the onion have been peeled away.
>
> Ha!  I've felt that way about the X-Files for
> years!  I have mapped well beyond the current area
> of my campaign (the observable world is a bowl an
> estimated 600,000 km in diameter so I have not
> detailed it all yet.  There are a number of powerful
> story arcs that is driving the campaign forward.

Coolness, I gotta bounce some ideas off of you!

> I think your first answer is the best one,
> if you posit industrial age civilization (driven largely
> with magic) then perhaps the time of castles is over.

Only if you think of them strictly as defensive structures.

> I take economics and politics VERY
> seriously in my campaign.  The PC's who have
> stuck with me this long are very competent. It is in
> this environment where I found castles to be not the
>  defence that I would have them be.

It was quite entertaining reading about Medagalins exploits. You guys have
obviously put some thought into that world. I'd love to hear how it all
ends..... so to speak.

> I tried to bring magic into line with
> castles using Enviromental Magics and cheap no -
> mana zones.  (A different type of moat!)

Wow, I'm getting quite a difrent idea of moats!

I also enjoy this type of exchange.

Jay
"Oh people, know that you have committed great sins. If you ask me what
proof I have for these words, I say it is because I am the punishment of
God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a
punishment like me upon you."
G. Kahn message to europeian city shortly after being taught the tenents of
Christianity