Re: (TFT) eternal gates?

Michael Taylor wrote:
> But that said, the assumption is that the coin is going *gain* speed. Why?
> It should retain exactly the same speed as it did going through the gate.

Yes.  It only speeds up during its fall from the top gate to the bottom
one.  The gates themselves don't affect its speed in any way.  So long as
the area between the two is a vaccuum (easily done, as I outlined in a

If there's air between the two gates, the coin will only reach 'terminal
velocity', no more than few dozen meters per second.