Re: (TFT) An Interesting Thought

Stan,
No. I was agreeing with Brad on the Computer part. The modern wizard is someone with a computer. This is exactly what I would have picked.

   David Michael Grouchy II

From: Stan <srydzews@ix.netcom.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) An Interesting Thought
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 19:57:37 -0500

> >Actually, IIRC wizards are much more rare than 1 in 100. I thought it was
> >somewhere around 1 in 10,000.
> >
> >-Brad
>
>    Exactly what I was thinking.
>
>    David Michael Grouchy II

You can make them as rare as you want, but AW says "On Cidri, magic is
considered an honest trade-a bit more difficult than most, but not
especially remarkable or sinister.  Wizards are neither common nor
especially rare.  Perhaps one person in fifty will have some small
ability with magic.  Fewer than one in 300 will be true "wizards"
within the meaning of this game....Of course, wizards tend to be
more visible than some folk-and many players will want to play wizards.
Therefore, there will be a very high proportion of wizards among the
active personalities in your game.  But keep that 1 in 300 ratio in
mind when you populate a town or city."

For whatever that's worth.  AFAIC, it's about 1 in 500.