RE: (TFT) Images, Illusions and Fire Oh My!

Oh, I guess I need to get the Codex...

Daniel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pasha and or Rick Smith [mailto:pnrsmith@istar.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 12:18 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Images, Illusions and Fire Oh My!

Hi Daniel,
	In the Codex they say that learning larger
versions of the same spell are prerequisites of the
smaller version.  This means that if you have the
higher IQ, you don't have to spend a memory to
learn the better version.

	So when you get a high IQ, you have the
choice to cast a small Fire (only 1 fST) or cast a
larger fire for more fST (but more efficient per
hex).  Several versions of the same spell will fit
into one memory 'slot' so the mage is not penalized
if he or she still wants to cast the smaller versions.

	Rick

>So, I was looking at some spells to adhere to my poor mages brain when the
>though hit me: why should you have to be smarter to make a larger fire?
>Here's my point Fire is Fire right?  One hex or twenty.  I think it's odd
>that you should have to learn another spell to make a bigger fire,
Illusion,
>Image, wall, etc.  So how about this:  once you've learned the fire spell
>you should be able to make a larger fire (or illusion, image, wall, etc.)
by