Re: (TFT) TFT: Heal Spell Correction

David Michael Grouchy II wrote:
>   As a side note on restoring lost limbs in TFT.  Just three weekends ago
> a GM allowed us to use shapeshifting on a hundred refugees who were all
> missing their left hand.  At $37 a pop at the local wizards guild it was
> quite a bargan.  Time is the only factor now, and being refugees they arn't
> going anywhere.

Interesting...AM specifically says that the only way to restore a lost
limb is through a Wish, but I think this shapechange idea is legit.
The shapechanging isn't really restoring the hand, since the shapechange
itself can be removed through Dissolve Enchantment--so it's not truly
permanent.

Of course, no one's ever going to cast Dissolve Enchantment on some peasant,
but that's beside the point.

As an additional rationale, what would happen if you cast Shapechange to
change a hand-less person into a wolf?  Would the wolf be lacking a paw?
I suppose you could say that it would, but there's nothing in the spell
description that would lead one to think so.  So, if not, why should the
shapechange to human form be a special case?