(TFT) More thoughts on healing spells

Sorry, no attribution, just doodling quickly here:

> only takes one guy with Healing magic, and everyone's healed shortly

This is a problem?  One guy with a sword, and everyone's wounded
shortly, too.

But I've served food I wouldn't have ordered, so I suppose I can offer
solutions to a problem I don't agree exists.

In my last deluge-of-consciousness post on Healing, I said it should be
limited.  This is the sort of thing I meant:

All 'Name/IQ/Type/Cost/Effects'

The war-priest's healing spell:  The Unwounding/13/S/2xST 'healed'/A
captured weapon is painted with a line of scripture from the Book of
War, then broken.  The last wound inflicted by that weapon is undone.
The wounded individual need not be present to be affected, but must be
alive.  The priest will become aware of the dead status of the 'wounded'
individual upon completion of the ritual, and in this case, the ST cost
is 5.  Otherwise, the ST cost is 2x the ST of the original wound.  Blood
loss damage (if such rules are used) subsequent to that wound is also
restored, at no ST cost.

The limit here is those who fight and run away, will heal their wounds
the natural way.  :)

The sun-priest's healing spell:  The Healing Ray/12/T/5/A gesture from
the priest, and the sun's rays concentrate on a selected wound, ending
any blood loss, preventing infection, and doubling the rate of healing
for that wound.  This spell may not be cast at night or underground, but
the Will of Apollo-Ra will part clouds or haze for the instant of and
purpose of this spell.  Wounds affected by this spell may still be
tended by physikers as normal.

The limit here is no "zap, you're healed" effect, and does not work at
night.

The true mage's healing spell:  Close Wound/14/T/7/Cast on a wound, this
spell heals 1 ST of damage, and ends blood loss.  It may not be cast
again on that same wound until 1 ST of damage has healed naturally.
When cast for the first time on a particular wound, by a mage/physiker,
this spells may heal an additional 1 ST of damage (2 total).  Cast by a
mage/Master Physiker, this spell may heal an additional 2 ST (3 total).
Subsequent castings are always only one ST in effect.  This spell may be
cast after the ministrations of a Physiker or Master Physiker.  This
spell may be cast after a Healing Ray.  Neither reverse is true, this
spell closes the wound, allowing neither light nor leechcraft to enter
thereafter.

The limit here is you can't keep making trips to the well of weal, and
the mage won't want to trade 7 fST for every nick and cut of his martial
comrades.

Anyway, the idea is to get them back into the fray, right?  So yes, let
them heal.  You _were_ going to anyway, right?  But don't let them heal
as much as they want, whenever they want.