Re: RE: (TFT) Re: Pistol accuracy

Michael Taylor wrote:
> That's one of the diferences between the real world and
> the TFT rules. In the real world, the weapon determines
> how deadly the attack is. In TFT the abililties of the
> Hero determine how deadly the attack is. Somewhere in
> the rules it makes the a point of noting this.

Hm, I think I'd take mild exception to this characterization.
It's not as if the weapon is irrelevant, but training and
experience are very, very important.  IMO, in real life, I'd
rather have an untrained oaf shooting at me with a 10mm
automatic than have a Delta Force trooper shooting at me with
a .22 revolver.  Or, to get away from the guns, I'd rather see
an untrained oaf swinging a two-handed sword at me than a Navy
Seal coming at me with a 'mere' combat knife.

If anything, I think the variation in the deadliness of TFT
weapons may be TOO great, compared to reality.  But it works
well in the game.