Re: (TFT) RE: David's TFT mass combat game.

"David Michael Grouchy II" <david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com> wrote:
>     On a completely different subject, I heard something once.  Another bit
> of hear-say about SJ.  Someone once told me that after he published
> G.U.R.P.S. and was overseeing the source books, he turned into a "real a**
> h*l*."  I was a little taken back by that.  I have a lot of respect for his
> work.  So I couldn't figure what the guy was talking about.  I figured that
> SJ had changed something he had written, or just flat out rejected it.  Who
> knows.

I've communicated with SJ a few times, and he's never been anything than
unfailingly polite.  Even at times when he could have been nasty, such
as at the Metagaming fallout, I don't believe he ever publically bad-mouthed
HT, but simply let the facts speak for themselves.  I hate to have this
sort of FOAF hearsay spread around.  Maybe the person telling the tale
produced a real piece of drek and SJ rejected him - who knows?  Really,
only SJ and this guy.

> SJ asked if he could
> buy it from him on the spot.  According to the story SJ got that device, and
> the rights to it, for $15.  Who knows if a word of this is even remotely
> true.

And?  This is the gaming industry, and there ain't a whole lot of money
in it.  If both people felt pleased with the deal, then there's no problem.
I don't think SJ went on to make a million with this gizmo.  And he didn't
even have to buy it at all, if you think about it.  How hard would it have
been for him to see it and go back and cut out his own piece of cardboard?

I'm not sure what the point of all this is.