Re: (TFT) MH freeze

From: <casliber@ozemail.com.au>

DMGII, I would think that the dragon would fall on them -
it ain't a levitate spell and anyone stupid enough to cast
something which stops a large flying thing from flying
while under them should pay the penalty (though a 3 or
4/DX roll to jump clear may be appropriate)

Cas,
This would be my ruling as a GM. I didn't think of giving a saving throw to the party members under it. I should have thought of it. Particularly the 4D save to jump clear. It would have satisfied the players I think. I had one player argue that if the dragon fell that anyone on the ground who had moved more than two hexes in one turn, and got frozen, would tip over. He further argued that anyone who had moved more than half their MA in one turn would Freeze, tip over, and slide another hex, possibly into the caster. The whole momentum and gravity thing was being thrown at me. I don't blame them really. By ruling the dragon to fall I killed the wizard who cast the spell. The players were a little impassioned about it. If I had thought of the saving throw, thinks might have been different. I wanted to see what the group would say.

   David Michael Grouchy II