Re: (TFT) Megahex Freeze

Not at all, but if the dragon was in breath weapon range, it's going to be
pretty hard to miss somone in the party if the dragon falls!

maladies.

Seems you've misunderstood. The GM never said he was doing this to "teach
them a lesson" and I didnt' say he should do this to "teach them a lesson".
He should do it because 1. it's a fair call. 2. Its better storytelling.

Dragon

There's nothing punative about this call. The player had the choice!

This seems perfectly acceptable to me. I once turned myself into a Beholder
and the enemy party laughed and cast a Light spell at me, making me a blind
beholder. I learned my lesson (and entertained the party) and never felt
the GM was being vindictive.

How many players have similar stories? Guess what - players are alot more
likely to re-tell these stories than they are to tell the stories of
"remember-that-time-when-everything-wen't-perfectly-and-nothing-unexpected-
happened?" That's because they are more entertaining - and therefore more
fun! Isn't that what its all about?

item

This is a common problem with players. They expect to be able to have
"perfect military intelligence" about everything they do. "That's couldn't
happen because we think of every concievable side effect!"

But the real world doesn't work that way. Ask any demolitions expert, stun
man or Windows programmer. No matter how good you are you never take it for
granted that some unexpected (and possibly dangerous) consequence can
result from it. What is magic but not dangerous and unpredictable?

Just my thoughts..
Michael