Re: (TFT) Fatigue Damage?

Pasha and Rick Smith writes:

> Hi Thorn,
> 	Sure a human fighting an animal will do real
> damage with his fists. (Kick in ribs, twist necks to
> break them, gouge out eyes, etc.)
>
> 	If a human wanted to do subdual damage to
> a animal (rough housing with a large over friendly dog
> for example) that is allowed as well.
>
> 	People from our culture might be socialized
> not do real damage OR lack training to do real
> damage, but I don't feel that is true for all humans.
>

> 	Unarmed fighters in my campaign regularly
> strike for deadly damage verses all forms of foes.
> Subdual damage is a specialized, rarely used option.
>
> 	Rick

It seems to me that unarmed humans would almost always do
subduing damage when fighting with their blunt weapons (ie,
hands, feet) due to a marked reduction in the ability to
break the skin, UNLESS they have any of the UC talents.
With the UC talents, its easier to break bones, poke eyes
or rake the skin (ala Tiger style of the martial arts)

What if we said this: when unarmed humans with no UC talents
fights (or a UC trained person chooses not to use the talent),
every 6th point is ACTUAL damage, all other damage is subduing.
For UC 1, every 5th n 6th point is actual damage;
For UC 2, every 4th, 5th, n 6th point is actual damage;
and etc.

If fighting with blunt weapons (ie, clubs, staves - or trees
if you're a giant), every other point is actual damage.

These are just ideas off the top of my head, so I have no
idea how they'd actually play out.  They might require a
little more bookkeeping, but maybe not.

Dan