(TFT) Rolled my own.

A couple folk asked how I folded die rolls together when I built my own
system.  So in reply to them (all two of them :) ), here under separate
subject...

The BladeCraft strike roll resolves whether the active (attacking,
though it's not that simple) figure struck, missed, had their strike
parried, or missed badly enough to give the opponent an advantage.

First, one must understand the idea of Hindrances.  All figures can
defend themselves to some degree.  Some weapons are designed for
defense.  Some figures are more skilled.  Some maneuvers also help.  All
these things give Hindrances to your attacker.  Hindrances are not
direct penalties 'to hit', though the effect is similar.  Hindrances
create places in the _range_ of the die roll where a perfectly good
attack will be parried, or where a miss by the attacker will be taken
advantage of by the defender.

Time for some numbers...  Strike roll is 3d10.  Hindrance 'constant' is
12.  Every alert figure is given 2 Hin to start.  If your weapon gives 2
Hin, you provide 1, and your maneuver (chosen last 'beat', or turn)
provides 2, you subtract 7 (your Hindrances) from that 12, and the
result is 5 (your Parry).  Any roll divisible by 5 will be parried by
you.  5, 10, 15, 20...  If you were a little better, your Parry might be
4.  (or 3, or 2.  Never 1.  :) )

Any roll under the active figure's Dex-like stat will either strike or
be parried, depending on the skill of the defender.  Rolls over the
Dex-like stat will either miss simply or give the opponent an Opening,
again depending on their skill.

One die roll, four results.  BladeCraft leverages this, tracking the
previous exchange to affect the results from the current exchange.  Some
terms defined, before we get into that:

Strike: You roll to hit, he does not Parry
Parry:  You roll to hit, he Parries
Swish:  You miss, he does not Parry
Block:  You miss, he Parries.  Also called an Opening.

If you Strike after a Parry, it's a Riposte, and damage is increased a
bit.
If you Strike after a Swish, it's En Pointe, and you gain a Hin
temporarily.
If you Strike after a Block, it's a Slash/Bash/Smash (pick one), and you
gain damage and more Hin.

All Hin gains are temporary.  Damage, too, unless you get too much of
it.  :)

Maneuvers are part of the picture, too.  But I've been long enough
typing this much.

.