Re: (TFT) I'm new and clueless.

Marty Brown wrote:

> David,
>
> Thanks for the warm reception.  But I guess I'm going to have to give a big
> "ARGGGGHHH!" since my personal "instant gratification" demon won't be sated.
> On to other questions.  Would I be far off the mark if I picked up the
> latest GURPS basic set?  I read somewhere that GURPS "uses" and "improves"
> on the MELEE rules.  This may be hearsay or heresy, what's your opinion?

Oh, may I?  :)

It's fact.  Also, DragonQuest from SPI showed a lot of 'inspiration'
from Melee.  When a friend and I were first being shown how to play
DragonQuest, we found ourselves finishing their sentences, since we had
already played Melee.

But aside from any hereditary similarity, Gurps is not usable as a TFT
rulebook.