Re: (TFT) GURPS

Terry wrote:

> >   TFT has a really nice balance, it is fast,
> > real enough, and has enough complexity that it
> > does allow tactics that make sense.
> >
> > Rick
>
> I am also fairly new to the game and this board.  For the sake of us who are
> either new or tactically challenged, could you give an example of what you
> mean by 'tactics that make sense'?   Thanks.

May I?

Spearman: "I'll jab from behind the swordsman, with my spear!" ('2-hx
jab' rule, 'poles between from rank' rule)
Swordsman: "I'll defend, just keep the Troll from getting past me to
Spear guy." ('defend' option)
Archer: "I'm going to shoot past, but I'll move 'there', so I only might
catch the swordsman..." ('Rolling to miss')
Troll Bad-guy: "I will shift over, so the archer has to shoot through
_both_ his buddies, and so that darn spear can't jab me unless he comes
around the swordsman where I can bash him." (Monsters get to read the
rules, too)

There's more, of course.  It's just a good system.