Re: Traveller Computers (Was "Re: (TFT) Orc Swill?")

> If I remember rightly, somewhere in the original three-volume rule set there
> is a comment that says a computer of a given type -- a type capable of
> running a small starship's drives -- is comparable to a home computer.
> That's where the "less powerful" thing came from.  I always put that comment
> down to excessive humility on the part of the game's author and just ignored
> it when I ran Traveller.

   I don't recall that, but if I do recall the Murphiy's Rules properly, it was
comparring the tonnage size and amount of programs that could be run
simultaneously (sp?) of the Traveller computers with the capabilities of the
"home computer" of the time - mostly C-64's, Apple II's and IBM AT(?) and
drawing the conclusion that "1 tonnage" of the 1980's home computers could do
more.