(TFT) Re: Re: Traveller Computers

Even when Traveller first came out, the computers were laughable. I
think they were really based on the much older mainframes and old analog
computers that the military used in the 60s and 70s. Since in the past
25 years computers have improved 1,000 fold I really don't fault the
original designers for having it wrong. After all, IBM thought there was
only a market for 6 of their computers when they first started out. I
don't think all the fancy holographic stuff was mentioned until later
editions.

I think my younger brother currently has possession of my Traveller
stuff, but if I see it I'll check it out again.

Jim Eckman
Currently embedded systems computer programmer and formerly PC designer