Re: (TFT) Indians

"Cas and Lisa (also Silvia, Max & Viveka) Liber" wrote:

> As Mike Myers (Wayne Campbell) would say - Ex-cellent. Dunno much about
> American indians (though I visited Pyramid Lake, Nevada many moons ago and
> thought it was nice.)
> Next thing is shamans I guess.
>
> The Nth American indians make a good tribesmen/wandering monster encounter
> for wilderness areas. DMG, can'tremeber if i posted some possible contenders
> for Shamanic spells some time ago. Easiest (most conservative a la rules)
> way to consider shamans is wizards without literacy and certain spells
> available to them via oral tradition such as:

<May I?>

Chattering Skull - analogue to Explosive Gems, weaker...  Limited to the
IQ of the original critter the skull comes from.  Done 1d6 per round, as
the Skull bites at the triggerer/target, striking automatically, armor
having no effect.  The Skull can be destroyed before completing it's
chattering; strike at it normally, no DX minus for allies of the victim
(it's small, but predictably going for the throat), -3 DX for the
victim, and do cumulative damage of half the original critter's IQ,
rounded down.  The Skull may be thrown, and will attack the target it
strikes.  Alternately, the Skull may be left as a trap, and will attack
the first sentient to touch it.  A Reverse Missles or Spell Shield in
place on the target of a thrown skull will cause the skull to turn and
attack the caster.  Neither will affect a skull which was triggered by
touch.

And let me point out that _all_ spells are (canonically) available via
'oral tradition'.