Re: (TFT) Re: Charging and HTH

From: "Dave Seagraves" <dseagraves@austin.rr.com>
Subject: (TFT) Re: Charging and HTH
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:36:07 -0500

John Paul writes . . .

>Hey, what about giving a halberd a "sweeping blow" ability?

   Mmmm . . .  I hadn't considered using pole weapons to do a sweep,
let alone a halberd not being included in the list of weapons that can
perform a sweep.  (Amazing what you can learn with a detailed reading
of the rules.)
   This sounds fine to me.  Doesn't a halberd have bits on the end
which cut along with those which stab?

Pfc. Dave Seagraves   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 835-7527
Scout-Sniper (19D), 506th PIR, 101st Airborne Division, TMHS

According to my Palladium's "Compendium of Weapons, Armor & Castles" (great visual reference for non-powder weapons), a halberd is: length = 2.2 meters Mass = 2.8 kg Chop or thrust, 2 handed.
It looks somewhat like a long handled axe with a spear at the end.

Problem with a sweeping blow on this weapon is that you either continue in a full arc and spin again or you drop your weapon immediately because momentum makes it unready.

Hail Melee,
John Paul