Re: (TFT) Rules for the newbies

Well, I think that in the case of ITL/AW/AM this is actually a pretty fair
price.
        * The game *has* been out of print for years and there doesn't look
to be any possibility of it ever being reprinted or put on CD.
        * It was a flimsy game even by 1980 standards and therefore many
copies were just plain worn out. So there really *aren't* that many
floating around.
        * It was very very popular at the time so it got used alot
        * It had very small print runs

All in all, I think in the particular case of TFT it really *is* that rare.
Sure, before eBay if we lucked out and found a copy it would be more than
cover price, but with the increasing availability of the internet is also
the increased knowedge that this game is still very valued by customers and
worth alot more money than it has traditionally sold.

I collect alot of games and while some games have definitely artificially
inflated prices (try buying the "Temple of Elemental Evil"!), I dont really
think that TFT is one of them.

It is truly hard to find, exists in good condition only *very* small
numbers and truly "collectible" in the sense that people want to have it to
use and not just put on display!

If you see ITL for sale for $30 or $50 dollars. Buy it! It's worth every
penny!

Try finding a copy of "Ganghedge Manifesto", "Starfleet Voyages" or
"Starstone" for a reasonable price! Some games are just plain rare!

Michael