Re: (TFT) Rate of Fire (Final and BIG!)

From: Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com>
Subject: (TFT) Rate of Fire (Final and BIG!)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:01:06 -0400

Okay, had to upgrade my spreadsheet to do this, but for anyone interested
in real-world weapons I think it will be worth it.

This covers the speed of most real world weapons.

rpm  means rounds-per-minute
The "b" means that this is a "burst" of 5 rounds.

rpm     ROF

1       1/96
2       1/24
3       1/12
4       1/6
5       1/4 (1/3 if DX 24)
6       1/3 (1/2 if DX 18)
7       1/3 (1/2 if DX 16)
8       1/3 (1/2 if DX 15)
9       1/2 (1/1 if DX 18)
10      1/2 (1/1 if DX 15)
11      1/2 (1/1 if DX 14)
12      1/1
13      1/1 (2/1 if DX 9+)
14      1/1 (2/1 if DX 12+)
15      1/1 (2/1 if DX 13+)
16      1/1 (2/1 if DX 14+)

Michael

So what you are saying with this above table is if someone had a WWII Garand rifle and a war manual that says it should shoot 8 shots in a clip in 20 seconds and can replace a full clip and shoot another in the rest of the minute, that would be 16 shots per minute or 1/1. And if he has enough dex to do the reload gracefully, he can jdouble that.

I think that would work out in gameplay. This means that its 1 bullet every round (5 seconds).

So when you are getting 4 bullets every round,
...do you roll dex for each bullet?
...do you roll dex for the first bullet only then subtract one for each bullet? (3D6 vs Dx, then just compute 3D6 vs DX-1, 3D6 vs DX-2, 3D6 vs DX-3) ...do you roll dex for hitting, then roll 1D6 for each bullet after that on a 50% chance?

How do you handle "walking the gun", where you walk the bullets from the ground to the face as a way of targeting?

Hailmelee,
John Paul