Re: (TFT) Wizards at War

John Paul Bakshoian wrote:

> I like your post.
>
> I know that your not necessarily replying to the Bryunthian Army set-up
> when you made this post...

No I wasn't!  I'm glad you realized that, because right after I made my
post I saw yours.  They must have come out about the same time.  I was
afraid you might have taken mine the wrong way.

In the situation you postulate, things are entirely different and I'm
not questioning those arrangements at all.

> If your wizard becomes a teacher for every fighter in the troop,
> eventually, they can all learn one spell (that the wizard has the ability
> to teach).  Give them all Aid spell and you got ptoentially about 20
> points going into that 1 wizards fireball (if the GM allows that much
> power).

Yes, I've thought about this myself.  Sure you can use Drain ST on
the troops to power yourself, but it's horribly inefficient.  If
part of 'basic training' is to give all the troops the Aid spell,
the army becomes a huge ST battery.  (Well more importantly it's a
huge ST recovery battery.  Nothing recovers ST like 50 troops on Aid
detail recovering for an hour.)