RE: (TFT) hero 3IQ rule and wizards & hero

Hi All,
	The person who wrote the post below (Andrew?)
did a nice job of summarizing the rules and trade offs
of heroes and wizards taking spells / talents outside
their specialty.

	Note that there are a few talents that wizards
can buy at normal cost.

	My question to the list is this: What SHOULD the
rules be?  If we were to ignore cannon and just want to
build a fun rpg, what rules should we use?

	Saying that wizards and fighters can ALL buy
talents and spells at regular memory cost has a real
advantage in the simplicity department.  There have been
other role-playing games that took that strategy (Rune-
Quest for example) and did not seem terribly damaged by
the experiment.

	Under this system I think that the -4DX for 1 kg
of iron should be retained.

	Perhaps there should be some different rules that
encourage people to specialize.  I just feel that the
*3 memory cost & -4 DX / *2 memory cost -0 DX are
arbitrary.

	Obviously Steve Jackson felt the need to strongly
penalize fighters from taking an odd spell. Perhaps he
did not want all the fighters taking one missile spell.

	What are people's feelings on this?

	Rick