RE: (TFT) hero 3IQ rule and wizards & hero

Well, first off I have to disagree with you.

RuneQuest seriously WAS damaged by this. Everyone (PCs) was a Rune master.
Everyone had the Bladesharp spell. It didn't make any sense not to.

Therefore RuneQuest wasn't able to be used for the more 'traditional'
fantasy worlds. Witness it's failure as a generic system. It of course, had
to modify these rules (adding a "Sorcery" type of magic) when it wanted to
become more 'universal'.

Where is this rule in the canon?

Well, I have to agree with him completely.  Whether or not its 3 points per
1 IQ or 4 points per 1 IQ or 1/2 point per 1 IQ may be artibrarily, but I
think that learning the violate the laws of physics with your willpower by
tapping into the primal force of the universe should be a little bit harder
to learn than "Expert Horseman", so in one simple rule he's balanced
wizards and heros very nicely.

It provides a perfect balance and garantees that the wizards wont dominate
the game as they do in EVERY other fantasy RPG.

I can't think of a another way to do it that is as simple and doesnt make
magic dominate the game and short-change a normal swordsman.

Michael