From: tft-owner@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-owner@brainiac.com]On Behalf Of
Thorn
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 10:25 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) How to make specializing in TFT work in other ways.

dwtulloh@zianet.com wrote:

> What about just making "Spell-Casting" a talent that you
> can buy?  Perhaps something similiar to the UC talents.
> Each level of Spell Casting that you buy allows you to
> cast spells of a particular IQ or less, level 2 has level
> 1 as a prerequisite, etc.
>
> What do you think?

I think it more logical (if such a term applies) to have spellcasting
talents along the lines of:

Illusion: Image and Illusion spells, whatever your IQ allows
Summoning: Summon x, whatever your IQ allows, one truename 'type' per
point of IQ
Conjury: Ropes, Walls, Fire, Ice (if you use that)
Evokation: Missle Spells... needs work.
Elementalism: Pick one from Paracelsus, get all that fit the schtick.
Fireball, Summon Fire Elemental...  or Ice, Summon Water Elemental,
Magic Rain... etc.
Mentalism: Telepathy, LD-Telepathy... anything else?

So a character might be an Illusionist/Mentalist/Fencer, or an
Elementalist/Evoker, etc.

.