Re: (TFT) RE: Skill, knowledge, tricks and talents --> Wimpy talents

From: "Pasha and Rick Smith" <pnrsmith@istar.ca>

	This suggests that their should
be a 3 point talent "Fighter" that
means that you are someone of the
fighter class.

Rick,
Tempting. But it's too much reduction I think. Consider the expansive philosophys called "the way of the sword" Ther is also the manual writen by the Mongolians called "The art of missile war in motion." Everyone has heard of the Mongel hord. Horsemanship and Bow, taken to expert on both counts. Very distinct in their god given talents from those of a western knight. One of my favorite peices of writing that wraps up an entire talent is Mussashi Mayamoto's "The Book of Five Rings." A more apt western translation would be "The book of the strategist." Using this book as an example, a person with a given talent knows that talent so well that they view the entire world and all of its working through the lense of that talent. To a farmer, everything is seasons, sowing and reaping. To a carpenter, everthing is taking care of ones tools, having a plan, and selecting quality material. I hazard to say that tribes in South America view life as the way of the blowgun and the bola. So I can see a reason for so many weapon like talents, in the face of the non weapon talents. The history of the world has been a violent place.

    David Michael Grouchy II