Re: (TFT) No worse thing than Thief 3

> Michael,
> Can you REALLY think of no worse thing than
> a Thief 3 talent in a role playing game or is this
> just poetic exaggeration to dramatize your point?
>
> Rick

Rick,
I have to agree in part with Michael that Thief 3 (NB: as an example of what
it stands for as apart from anyhing to do with thieves) comes across as a
bit inflationary, much like all the stuff in Unearthed Arcana when it came
out (cavaliers/Dble Specialization) for 1st ed. AD&D. If the characters get
tougher prior to actually playing, then so do the monsters, it is a bit like
adding zeroes to a currency.
Conversely, I have played precious little TFT above 40pt characters so I
will talk more in the future when I have done so.
Cas