(TFT) "Class talents" vs. "Narrow Skill talents"

        If we say that talents = classes, then Mimic
does not fit in. (It is not a class.)  If we say that
talents are 'narrow skills', then Mimic, Lip-reading,
Snow shoe, etc. belong.
<

Seems like either way is wrong. I think the best definition of talents is:

"A talent is a special ability."
"Each talent gives its possessor some ability or advantage not possessed by
other characters."

Both from ITL, p. 11.

Some talents are 'class-like' (Theif) and some talents are 'skill-like'
(Ventriloquism).

But TFT 'talents' were NOT meant to all fit a 'strict' definition.

That's good! I plan to make new Talents of whatever I size I wish, when the
need arises!

And I also plan to allow the imagination of the players determine how
wide/narrow/useful the talents are, rather than the rules.

Michael