Re: (TFT) Re: Grouchy character sheet

>I also practice with the Academy of St. Martin's, a group
>studying medieval manuals. I find it interesting that
>virtually all of the period techniques are disallowed by
>the SCA, mostly because they involve grappling with the
>opponent.

Neil,
    This sounds very cool.  Actual manuals from the period.  About the
grappling.  I'm not surprised they are full of "dirty" techniques.  At least
by the modern standard.

This sort of thing is really taking off. You can find more at places like
www.thehaca.com, www.aemma.org, and some of the forums at
www.swordforum.com. (This is relevent to roleplay in general, because it's
weapons, right?) None of those groups is SCA, but many have members who
cross over.

>Also, as for using TFT as a tool, you think I haven't done that?

    No, not at all.  I was just sharing an experience I had.  One from a
long time ago, here in Louisiana.  From what you say the SCA has continued
to evolve.  Truly a living culture.

I guess my inflection didn't come across well in text. Sorry.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com