(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #293

I enjoyed reading about the creation of a live action frp group.
My high school buddies did the same, but we had no bamboo, we
used hocky sticks and trashcan lids. OUch. When I see that such
groups, like barnacle geese, continue to be spontaneously
generated, it tells me that fantasy stuff has a much broader
potential appeal than most people give it credit for.

True, most of these groups don't last. I imagine there is some
formula, like the "life" game determining it. We'd probably all
get along better if we shared more between groups. When I started
SCA fighting in 1979, a couple of us intellectuals offered to
model situations in real life to assist D&D players, but they
tended to be very short sighted. Now I've taken a note from a
time travel story, where the main character is continually
challenged in ~3rd century bars about religion, and says
"oh, I'm a methodist, about the same thing as your religion".

Nils