Re: (TFT) Languages & Wizards

From: "Dave Seagraves" <dseagraves@austin.rr.com>

   Hi guys, here's a rule question:  How many IQ points does it cost
for a wizard to learn a language, and where is the reference for it in
the rules?  I looked for any evidence that languages cost double for
wizards -- just like talents -- but I couldn't find any.

Dave,
Hey! I have come across this myself. I use a particularly slippery form of rules interpretation for this one. So be prepaired if its not totally convincing. I use what I call a 'non specific exception.' Or to put it plainly here are the three steps I go through.

   1)  Wizards can also learn talents - but the IQ cost is doubled
       -ITL page 9.

2) Languages are not listed on the table of talents, but appear in a section following talents. This section is called 'Languages.' As opposed to the section preceeding it, called 'Talents.'

3) Not being talents, languages do not cost double for a wizard to learn.

   David Micahel Grouchy II