Re: Re: (TFT) Weapon Multiplier --> Repost

tft@brainiac.com wrote:
> Michael Taylor writes:
>
> > Dwarr can now run 5 hexes:  One hex forward
> > and to his left.
>
> I dont think this can happen. As soon as Dwarr moves
> 1 hex forward...he is enagaged.

I think the idea was that he would not move
directly forward but forward and to the side.
Set 'em up and take a look.  If Dwarr starts
two hexes away and takes a half move of five he
can slip around Homan's hexes of engagement and
attack him from the rear.

Actually, though, the problem doesn't become too
bad until you have smartalek elf bruisers with
polearms and boots of Speed Movement.  Take my
word for this one.

> IIRC, it doesn't matter if you move next to a
> figure during your turn.  The status of being
> engaged only applies at the beginning of the
> movement when you have to select an option
> based upon whether you are engaged or not.
> You don't go from being disengaged to being
> engaged in the middle of movement.

Really?  I always thought you did.  I'm going
to have to re-check that.