Re: (TFT) Weapon Multiplier --> Repost

David Michael Grouchy II writes:

> >From: Dan Tulloh <dwtulloh@zianet.com>
> >
> >    That said, I do remember something about large figures
> >    being able to ignore smaller ones to a lesser degree.
> >    Like a giant required 2 figures in his front hexes
> >    before he became engaged.  Does this ring a bell with
> >    anyone?
>
> Dan,
>    Yes.  Ahhhhh, another opportunity to quote the best fantasy
> combat system  ever written.  Here we go...
>
>    "A multi-hex figure, being bigger, is harder to engage.
> A giant or small dragon is engaged only if it is in the front
> hexes of TWO or more armed one-hex figures (or one multi-hex
> figure).  A 7-hex dragon is not engaged unless it is in the
> front hexes of THREE or more armed one hex figures ( or one
> multi-hex figure).  In general, a smaller figure (or group)
> must occupy  more than 1/3 as many hexes as does the larger
> figure, in order to engage  it."
>    AM page 4, ENGAGED AND DISENGAGED, paragraph 2

Armed one-hex figures?  I never noticed this before .. what
about characters with UC talents?  For the purposes of this
paragraph, I'd consider them armed.  But then, there was also
some statement about not being able to karate-chop a dragon,
so now I'm not so sure.

Hmmm...this kinda adds a new dimension to that last room in
Death Test!  If you're all alone, you can't engage the giant,
but he can engage you ... which means he can run RINGS around
you, always getting a +4 DX adjustment.  OUCH!!

The last sentence of the quote seems awkwardly worded but,
off the top of my head, I can't think of a better way to say
it.  Anyone else wanna take a crack at it?

Dan