(TFT) RE: General Test of MELEE knowledge

>Does anyone else find the idea of a charge attack where the charger
practically turns around to be ridiculous? A charge attack is
more damaging because of the momentum gained by running, and turning
like this bleeds speed.

We have a house rule that a charge attack must be in a nearly
straight line: no facing changes, but side slips are OK.

Thoughts?<

Yeah, that's why before I commented on disengaging from the dead, I wanted
to find out what people thought the official definition of a 'charge' was.
I've always found the rules to be vague on that point....

Michael