Re: (TFT) Weapon Multiplier --> Repost

From: "John Paul Bakshoian" <hailmelee@hotmail.com>

  If you can only be engaged by an enemy with a weapon, does
that mean you are not engaged in a barroom brawl?  So if you
wanted to engage that Hells Angel long enough for the "law"
to come, you need to break a bottle and wield it?

John,
I recomend you wrap a jacket around your left forearm as protection agains knives and break a pool cue to use in your right hand as a baton or club. With that combination engagement should be easy. If you're aggressive enough you may even have a subdued angle for the "law" to pick up.

   By the way, I like the Drop Weapon idea as a way to break
engagement.  Or you could freeze them.

Two spells my players used supprised me. One was drop weapon. For the reason stated. The other was the trip spell. I'll never forget the time my 4-hex dragon was going to finish off a character, but the party wizard cast trip on him. I couldn't believe it. For 2 more points of fatigue one can trip a figure of any strength. What a visual. This dragon suddenly tripping over nothing and falling prone.

 And if someone is SO FRIGHTENED that they are stiff, but still
holding a weapon, are they a  potential threat?

I see your point, but the only rules in TFT for fear are under the Ghost section of ITL. In that case the character flees. So...

   David Michael Grouchy II