RE: Re: Re: (TFT) Weapon Multiplier --> Repost

> By "250# bruiser" do you mean someone WITH unarmed combat
> talent?  Like, .....  A boxer?

No, honestly I didn't.  I just meant some surly knight-
hating guy with, say, 14 ST.  When typing up the message
I had originally used the term 'thug', but then changed
it to 'bruiser' for the meatier sound of it.

There is one thing that occured to me regarding the case
of the 13 year old girl with a ST of 7, let's say.  She
does 1d6-4 damage, so even if she were to punch the knight
and roll a '3' to hit (triple damage), and then roll max
damage (2), she would only do six points, all of which
would be soaked by the knight's fine plate (no, it didn't
say he was wearing fine plate but when you say 'knight' I
think of a guy in fine plate, okay?).  So if you wanted to
have a hard-and-fast threshold at which a 1-hex figure does
not engage another 1-hex figure, perhaps the point at which
triple max damage doesn't do anything would be it.

All pure tale-spinning on my part of course.  I'm not
arguing the rules really intend that.

I do like the idea that anyone can declare themselves
unengaged if they're willing to suffer the consequences.
I'm going to have to try that.  Those consequences need
to be pretty nasty, though. Maybe a free, instantaneous
attack at +2 DX and -2 *on the to-hit dice roll*.  (So as
to have a better chance of criticals.)  That'll really make
people think twice before blithely skipping away from their
opponents.