Re: (TFT) Off topic, Anyone played "Dragon Rage" by Dwarfstar?

Dragon Rage, like most of the Dwarfstar/Heritage games, is quite a lot of
game in a small package.  The map is attractive, if a bit unrealistically
over-colorful - the building roofs are pink, purple, red or orange.  The
castle walls and surrounding terrain are more down-to earth.  The counters
are also well-done, with a surprising array of monsters to choose from.
Although the standard game is two dragons attacking the city, there are a
host of alternatives.

The major monsters are Dragons, Young Dragons, Wurms and Rocs, all but the
Wurm being capable of flight.
The minor monsters includeWizard, Hero, Giant, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Sea
Serpent, Warg, Troll, Orc or Goblin.
Spells include: Boost Morale, Fog, Whirlwind, Lightning, and Summon
Elemental.
Actions include: Scaling Walls, Smashing Gates, Smashing Doors.
There are special rules for Ballista & Catapult, Destruction of Bridges,
Death of a Hero, Death of a Young Dragon and Reinforcements.  Also Heroes
& Militia, Dragonfire attacks, and overrun attacks.

I've enjoyed playing it solo several times, although mostly with a host of
minor monsters rather than the dragons.
It's been a long time, so I can't specifically comment on gameplay, but I
don't recall any significant problems.

As a source of inspiration for TFT siege tactics, I can't think of a more
suitable micro.  The only thing it seems to lack are rules for
miners/sappers, effects of fire (although you can burn the wooden bridges)
and the grim reality of starving the besieged out.

Alan