Re: (TFT) RE: New Item: Maintain Summoning --> Elemental costs:president???

Chris Nicole wrote:

> Just out of curiosity here:
> How many TFT players know of or actually have a PC wizard capable of creating
> magic items ?

Dar Fannen had Weapon/Armor enchantment.  Made himself a set of +1
not-quite-armor.  He also enchanted Horst Bjorst's greatsword, and he
cranked out some quantity of arrows as a cash crop while waiting for his
girlfriend's case (Murder of a Guild Fellow by a Mundane) to be tried by
the Carnn Guild.

Dar had Gate, too.  Never actually managed to get the support needed to
_cast_ the spell, but it was central to an ongoing plot thread: Will Dar
anger the Greater Guilds of the East by using one of their Gates to
travel there, then make his own gate back to the Wizard's Guild of
Carnn?  Will the Carnn guild then seize Dar's gate by changing the
rule?  Might Dar trip-wire his gate to collapse if altered?  Did he
actually learn such a method from the libraries of the Lost City, or is
that just a ruse against Guild perfidy?  And is the whole 'Second Gate'
issue just a ploy to keep Gate tariffs low?  And what about the Duke,
quietly stockpiling 100 ST worth of philters of power?

> If you do have such a 'high level' wizard, did they start as a 32 point
> character and work their way up?

Dar's campaign (Jim Fountas' "Carnn") rolled up stats in the tradition
of some other rule systems.  Dar wound up about 40pts, if I remember
correctly.  The big winner was Horst, who regularly _swept_ his
Greatsword, since -4 off his DX of 18 (!) meant he _still_ hit
everything nearby.  When Horst made the scene, Dar's role went from
'Protect me, while I cast Fire and throw Gems' to acting as fire support
and flanker suppression for the mighty Horst Bjorst.

> TFT Game Masters, do you have Wizards Guilds churning out powerful magic items
> to order ?

As a GM, I've never had any PC who was in a position to order anything
so impressive.  I've had them transport such, or otherwise involved
peripherally, but the closest approach to 'churning out' was one PC
alchemist, brewing potions for sale.