(TFT) More stories from Jr High, off topic

More stories from Jr High
Does anyone remember their first role playing adventure ever? I often ask people this. I find it facinating. Kind of like "where were you when Kenedy was shot." I'm always curious what experience people had the first time they played. And, more interesting, what they remember about it. Here's mine.

The first solo adventure I ever went on was under a DM named Robert Miles. He had me roll 3d6 six times and consulted some tables in the players' handbook. He told me that I was a dwarf. So I named him Tigh. I was given a mission to kill the orc king. I felt this was a little much for a beginning character but I was willing to suspend disbelief for a while and see how this would play out. Robert sent a wizard with me 'to help.' Which put me a little more at ease. That is, until we got to the orc camp. There they were. All four hundred of them in tents surrounding one giant tent. My dwarf Tigh looked at the wizard and said 'now what?' I was expecting some invisibility, maybe a teleport. Robert consulted the players' handbook and said 'He casts Time Stop'. I walked into the camp unmolested. Walked into the big tent and saw his big orcness frozen in place. I hacked up the orc king and walked out. Told the wizard "I did it," and we left. Victory. I got experience for killing the orc king. I don't even know where to begin. There were so many things wrong with this adventure, its not even worth cataloging them all. But I will say this. What in heck does a 23rd level wizard need a 1st level dwarf for?

    David Michael Grouchy II