Re: Re: (TFT) Blub-dub.... taking a pulse on the list

Oh, and David, Hack Master is *not* a D20 product.  KenzerCo
got the rights to the old AD&D material and published
a version of it paralleling the fictional Hackmaster game
in their Knights of the Dinner Table comics.  It's kind
of interesting (to me, at least) but kind of goofy all at
once.  But it sure as HECK isn't D20 or 3e.

Stan,
I could have sworn the back cover said "If you know how to play D20 then you already know how to play Hack Master." I havn't actually played it though. Just got a decent laugh out of the cover art.

BTW, David, how are things going with your system?

Amazingly smooth. The bigest complaints were either about the introduction or the appendix. The body it self stood up suprisingly well. The award for strangest use of the rules goes to the guy who used a bullwhip in each hand to litterally "whip" a character with a three-sectional-staff. The award for most succinct description of the system goes to the guy who said "It's deadly." Thanks for asking. The magic book is almost finished. After extensive polling of old players and campaigns over the years I was suprised to find that there were very very few wizard characters who actually made magic items. Over twenty years of campaigning I could count the wizards on one hand, and the magic items made by including my toes. Consequently the enchantment rules have been shifted. Instead of taking weeks, all enchantments take either a day or one week. The burden, now, is that they require an number of wizards equal to the cost of the spell. Preliminary testing shows this is more role playing oriented than the old system. Character wizards have to build concensus to make magic items instead of dropping out of play for months on end.

  David Michael Grouchy II