(TFT) Answering my own question...sort of

I was perusing the SJ website, and happened onto a description of what this whole "Powered
By GURPS" thing means.  I had asked about this once and never saw a response.  Well, here's
what it says on their website:

"Some of you might have seen this Powered by GURPS graphic and asked, "What the heck is
that?" Powered by GURPS means "Based on GURPS, but with a concerted effort to remain
self-contained." Traditional GURPS sourcebooks absolutely require GURPS Basic Set 3/er
and GURPS Compendium I, recommend one or two other GURPS titles, and explicitly or
implicitly suggest a shopping list of further GURPS books. As well, the authors
assume that the reader will be familiar with GURPS canon. By contrast, Powered by GURPS
titles will require GURPS Basic Set 3/er and GURPS Compendium I at most -- and will
frequently require less, perhaps only GURPS Basic Set 3/er . . . perhaps just GURPS Lite.
Some will even be totally self-contained games. Authors will be permitted to use simplifying
measures, and to tweak the rules to fit the setting. Powered by GURPS titles will be 100%
compatible with traditional GURPS, but not necessarily generic. This treatment lends itself
best to licensed works, where adherence to setting canon is our top priority and where we
hope to sell books to an existing fanbase of non-gamers. However, we also intend to develop
in-house Powered by GURPS products. The first title to be Powered by GURPS is Transhuman
Space. Keep your eyes peeled for many future offerings -- including the recently announced
Hellboy Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game!"  From http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/

There's also a multi-question multiple-choice poll regarding what would people might like
to see in a fourth edition of GURPS, should such ever be done.  Take the poll if you like,
but don't expect to see much in the way of choices that would make it more like TFT.  It's
more like, "Now that the size of the ruleset rivals that of Advanced Squad Leader, how should
we try to manage this beast?".  Perhaps they should contract it out to MMP, the 2nd edition
ASL rules are pretty nifty. :)  http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/g4e_poll.html