Re: (TFT) Crossbows Are Too Powerful in TFT or Longbows are Not Powerful Enough

Ty Beard writes:

> -Longbows require a ST of 13 and do 2+1 damage.
> -Heavy Crossbows require a ST of 12 and do 2+1 damage.
> -Light crossbows require a ST of 10 and do 1+1 damage.
>
> These weapons ignore all armor and shields.

I think you are on the right track but ignoring armor and
shields is an oversimplification. Range to the target must
be a factor since the missiles slow down during flight and
lose their ability to punch through armor at some point.
I'd suggest a maximum effective range against armor type
or, to make it simpler, the number of hits stopped.  As the
number of hits stopped gets higher, the maximum effective
range gets shorter.  Perhaps it would be a good idea to
vary the damage as well to represent the remaining power of
the missile after it has punched through the armor.

Dan