Re: (TFT) New monster --> Tahquitz

----- Original Message -----
From: <srydzews@ix.netcom.com>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>

> ...I'm think we're well beyond the "I killed
> Thor wit' me vorpal sword" days of Gods, Demigods, and Heroes (tm).  :)

While I never enjoyed this type of power gaming, there is an unappreciated
tradition of mortals fighting gods. In the Illiad, for instance, the Gods
actually fought on the battlefield occasionally and fought the heroes (IIRC,
Achilles trounced Aphrodite in a skirmish). Of course, many of the Greek
heroes were part god themselves, but still there is a precedent.

In my RPGs I tend to agree with Jackson that gods should be extremely rare.

--Ty Beard