Re: (TFT) d20 TFT

Rick --

This will be a combat oriented campaign (as most of my campaigns are). Thus
the stock TFT rules would not be very suitable and the campaign will require
better healing spells than normally considered I think. The requirement of 5
minutes for the Healing spell makes it useless in combat; it's only good
after the fight is over when the characters have time to rest. But this will
give the characters the ability to participate in dungeon crawls without
hauling in 55 gallon drums of healing potion. (A previous experiment
entailed granting a number of "fatigue points" equal to ST. These were lost
before actual ST and were easy to recover with rest. The result was that
combats went on too long.)

And note the restriction on healing the first hit of each combat. This means
that after 5 battles in which he was injured, Bob the fighter will be down 5
points of ST no matter how much healing is available. Thus, the fighting
ability of the fighters will degrade as the battles wear on, no matter how
much healing is available. If it works right, I think this will be a Good
Thing.

Finally, what do you think of using the d20? I realize it's a heresy, but
I'm just sick of dealing with the 3d bell curve (consider -- the difference
between 25% and 75% is from 8 to 12 -- only 5 steps). I just don't know why
I didn't think of it before...

--Ty