RE: (TFT) one other benefit

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:09:17 -0700 rsmith <rsmith@lightspeed.ca> wrote:
> However, this method never really caught on,
> I tend to stick one 3d6 at a time.  Maybe
> 3d20 for 3 attacks will catch on?

Maybe.  Two differences:

With d20's, you use as many as you want.  What's that, there's four archers
instead of three?  Five wolves need to make DX checks to see if the
blunderbuss shot hit them?  Great, just grab however many d20's and roll them.
 I usually have eight or more 20-siders 'on deck' when running such a
game--and they can all be the same color.

Honestly, though, this may speed things up as much in TFT as it did in my D20
GURPS game because in that game repeating firearms with more than one attack
per round were common.

It takes some of my more, um, 'quirky' players a while to make even a one-die
attack roll, and waiting for them to make three 3d6 attack rolls per round
(fanning) could take while.